- My son woke up early and came into my bed where we shared some quiet snuggle time and mother/son talk. It was still dark out, the house was still, the warmth of his body next to mine and his little face looking up at me telling me what he thinks about the world. It couldn't have been more perfect. We shared this moment for quite awhile before it was time to get up and get him ready for school.
- After he was off to school, my daughter was still asleep, which allowed me to crawl back into bed, snuggle up with my heated blanket (a little piece of heaven!) and finish reading my book. I enjoyed the peace and quiet and drank up the "me" time.
- I had almost two hours of time on the PC this morning, sipping my warm coffee, surfing various blogs, reading my local news, and checking out some of my favorite peeps on the 365 days project. My god some of those people inspire me and touch my soul. It's amazing what you can express and capture through a photograph. Talent in deed! I hope I'm doing the project justice with my own work.
- Ate my morning cereal with the house totally quiet (Daughter *still* sleeping!) while flipping though a magazine.
- Daughter *STILL* sleeping so I enjoyed a hot relaxing bubble bath. Got out, lotioned up, threw on some cozy clothes and started some laundry. Then I painted my toe nails and my fingernails.
- Daughter is *STILL* sleeping (it's 11:30am!) but I'm going to go wake her up because I MISS HER!
- This afternoon we are heading out to run errands and get some misc. things accomplished. I don't work Friday's so it's been a weekly ritual for us - Friday Mother/Daughter day. I cherish it and she loves being out and about with me and she's great to have along. It's supposed to be near 60 (again!) today so we are going to enjoy the warm sun while out.
- Later this afternoon one of my best girls is coming for a visit. She's bringing her two kids and they're all spending the night. Collin is way excited to have friends staying and I can't wait to spend some quality girlfriend time with one of my dearest friends.
It's shaping up to be a fabulous Friday...we'll see how the rest of the day compares!
Have a great weekend!
Note: Wondering why my daughter, who normally wakes around 7am, is still doing asleep? Well after a few hours of sleep last night she decided she wanted to wake. She never actually got up and I never went into her room, but she stayed up for a few hours and I could hear her talking to herself and singing Happy Birthday to herself. It was very touching. She finally fell back to sleep, and decided to sleep in this morning. Beauty sleep you know.
Note II: I was in the process providing more linkity-link-links in my entry but daughter is ACTUALLY UP so I'm bolting to go get her. I can't wait to see her cute little face!!!